Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Liquor spitslickers/Old
Liquor spitslickers was proposed for deletion. This page is an archive of the discussion about the proposed deletion. This page is no longer live. Further comments should be made on the article's talk page rather than here so that this page is preserved as an historic record. The result of the debate was to keep.
- I disagree, Vague Rant. I think you would find this entry more interesting if you were more interested in these sorts of bands. I think that it is silly to delete this entry just because of one persons lack of interest in heavy metal. And why should not people interested in The Liquor Spitslickers be able to look up some information about them in Wikipedia? Supergroupiejoy
- Delete: We are an encyclopedia. While it would be more pleasant for our contributors to write up the very local, the aspiring, and the private, we have to confine ourselves to entities that are culturally significant. At this point, this band has not recorded, has not been signed, has not distributed, and has not forged any new artistic ground. Please look at the guidelines against autobiography in Wikipedia. Geogre 15:14, 18 Nov 2004 (UTC)
- Keep. But they are significant in Norway, in the sence that the former bandmembers have played in other more significant bands. Would "Velvet Revolver" need to be signed before information about them could be put in Wikipedia? Supergroupiejoy 17:08, 18 Nov 2004
- Then they could possibly be footnotes or triviata added to the articles of the more famous bands. "Eddie van Loudguitar now plays with Smällbänd." We do that with bands like Yes whose members often play with other groups, some of which aren't yet big enough or notable enough for an article of their own. Inky 01:23, 19 Nov 2004 (UTC)
- Delete. DCEdwards1966 03:32, Nov 20, 2004 (UTC)
- Keep. Notable enough in Norway. --Dittaeva 20:43, 23 Nov 2004 (UTC)
- Delete: promo. Wile E. Heresiarch 21:24, 23 Nov 2004 (UTC)
This page is now preserved as an archive of the debate and, like other '/delete' pages is no longer 'live'. Subsequent comments on the issue, the deletion or on the decision-making process should be placed on the relevant 'live' pages. Please do not edit this page.